Brief overview of the Project
The building provides educational facilities for 6,000 students and related faculty and support staff. It is built on a plot of approximately 75 hectares and features a built-up area of 230,000 square metres.
The new campus is located in New Khalifa City, near Abu Dhabi International Airport. It contains academic buildings, recreation facilities, administration and faculty buildings, convention, multi-purpose halls, theatre, and residential accommodation, with separate facilities for men and women.
The MEP installations included:
- High Voltage installations – Substations with Transformers and HV generators
- State of the art Electrical Systems including specialist controls for access, RFID Library tagging, IPTV, IP based site wide integration of systems, IT/AV, BMS, ACS, Fire Alarm and Voice Evacuation.
- Low Voltage distribution system.
- District Cooling plant.
- Extensive infrastructure facilities including Fire Fighting, Fiber Optic IP Backbone Cabling interconnecting all buildings, 800mm Chilled Water Ring, Vacuum Drainage System, HV and LV Cabling, Fire Fighting Hydrant lines, Parking and Road Lighting and Security Points.
- HVAC distribution system.
- Plumbing & Drainage systems.
- External flood lighting including landscaping works.